Where are Saya® products made and developed?
- We're proudly Australian-owned, and 100% of our products are made in Australia.
Do you use preservatives in your products?
We use natural preservative systems to extend the shelf life of our products. These are used in extremely low percentages, and will not cause harm to your skin or body. They're made to keep your products (and skin!), bacteria, yeast, mould and fungus free!
- Parfum (Naticide®): A broad spectrum preservative effective against yeasts and molds. Naticide is naturally derived fragrance mixture that has a sweet vanilla/almond-like scent, and this remains in the end formulation. Naticide ® is a Trade name of Sinerga. It is not acceptable for use on our product label’s ingredient list. The correct INCI name for our label, when using Naticide ® is ‘Parfum’ or ‘Fragrance’.
- Leucidal:Natural antimicrobial peptide originally derived from lactic acid bacteria. Restricts the growth of micro-organisms.
- Potassium Sorbate: a mild, yet effective preservative. It is the potassium salt of sorbic acid. Potassium sorbate inhibits moulds, fungus and some bacteria. Therefore it is best used as a co-preservative. It as an alternative to parabens and it also works well in conjunction with other natural preservatives.
- Salicylic Acid: A key component in our preservative system as it is an effective agent for the prevention of fermentation.
- Sorbic Acid: Sorbic acid and its salts, such as sodium sorbate and potassium sorbate are antimicrobial agents often used as preservatives in food and drinks to prevent the growth of mold, yeast, and fungi. In general the salts are preferred over the acid form because they are more soluble in water, but the active form is the acid.
Can I use Saya® products while pregnant?
Our products are breastfeeding and pregnancy safe, however we recommend consulting your doctor first before use.
What is used to fragrance the products?
We use a wide range of very high quality essential oils. These essential oils not only provide a beautiful fragrance to the product they also carry powerful therapeutic properties.
Are Saya® products vegan, not tested on animals and cruelty-free?
Saya® products do not contain animal derived ingredients and are suitable for vegans! We are strongly against using any animal derived or animal tested ingredients in any of our products. Saya® products only contain plant derived, natural ingredients. We are strongly against the use of animal derived ingredients and using ingredients that has been laboratory tested on animals. We are certified with Choose Cruelty Free.
How long do Saya® products last?
Our products last 12 months from opening.
What products will suit my skin type?
We have skin type collections located in our menu! If you're not sure what skin type you are, take our Skin Type Quiz.