A zesty raw tart full of amino acids and minerals, especially manganese, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- 2 cups Cashews, soaked at least 4 hours or overnight
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ Coconut Nectar
- 1 tsp Turmeric (for colouring)
- orange, grapefruit and lemon slices to decorate
- ½ tsp Vanilla Powder
- Grease a rectangular flan tin with coconut oil and set aside. You can use whatever tin shape you like but as a note - it makes things much easier if the base is removable!
- In a food processor blend the pecans, Coconut Chips, Camu Camu, ginger and salt until you have a fine meal. Add the dates and blend until well combined. The mixture should stick together when pressed together with your fingers. Press the crust ingredients firmly into the bottom of your flan tin. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a high powered blender, add the cashews, citrus juice + zest, Coconut Nectar and turmeric and process on high until you have a creamy consistency; this can take up to 5 minutes with.
- Spread the cashew cream over the base and freeze until firm, about two to three hours. When you’re ready to serve, let the tart thaw for around 15 minutes and decorate with orange, grapefruit and lemon slices.
Camu Camu contains bioflavonoids, the amino acids serine, valine, and leucine, plus considerable quantities of thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. Camu Camu has been used by ancient cultures to help promote healthy gums, eyes, and skin and also support the functions of the brain (nervous system) and heart (circulatory system).
Recipe and Image c/o Loving Earth https://lovingearth.net/recipes/raw-citrus-tart