There are are many of us out there with it... Dreaded Dry Skin.
But if understood & treated correctly, you will no longer have to dread such a thing!
Dry skin produces little to no oil, which causes the skin to be dry and flakey.
It lacks the appropriate amount of water in the most superficial layer of the skin, the epidermis.
Dry skin essentially has a damaged moisture barrier - the skin has invisible cracks in it and it allows moisture to escape and irritants to get in more easily.
Wrinkles can even appear more pronounced, as well!
Dry skin can produce:
- Almost invisible pores
- Dull, rough complexion
- Red patches
- Less elasticity
- More visible lines
Basic dry skin prevention should begin with avoiding harsh soaps and chemical cleansers. Always choose natural & plant-based.
We know that creams formulated with proven hydrating ingredients including Hyaluronic Acid & Borage Oil
(which helps restore the intracellular moisture barrier) can deliver a moisture boost deep down in the epidermis without that overly 'thick' feeling.
(See the extensive Hyaluronic Acid benefits in this previous article
Dry skin may be caused or made worse by:
- Genetic factors
- Ageing or hormonal changes
- Weather such as wind, sun, or cold
- Ultraviolet (UV) radiation from tanning beds
- Indoor heating
- Long, hot baths and showers
- Synthetic Ingredients in soaps, cosmetics, or cleansers
WHY - with a cream lotion base (so it won't leave skin feeling tight or too "squeaky clean") infused with Enzymes & Botanicals effective at cleansing while still retaining moisture.
AHA Face Exfoliant
WHY - effectively removes the dry & dead skin cells to resurface the healthier ones, plus stimulates collagen & promotes hydration.
WHY - formulated with ultra hydrating Rosehip and Argan Oils containing Vitamin E & Essential Fatty acids in particular, to improve skin health & moisture, plus Hyaluronic Acid to increase long term deep hydration.
Rose Hip Oil
WHY - With a high content of botanical Desert Rose Oil, being a natural source of skin protecting, and nourishing Omega 6 and 9 to aid repair of Dry Skin.
WHY - Formulated to provide superb nourishment and hydration to delicate skin around the eye area, rich in Hyaluronic Acid & essential fatty acids.
WHY - Omega-rich facial cream, formulated with Rosehip, Borage, Jojoba Oils, Hyaluronic Acid, Shea Butter, Australian Organic Botanicals and Edelweiss, to intensively hydrate.
Argan Body Oil
WHY - Argan oil is liquid gold for the skin and hair due to its nourishing and restorative properties, rich in Vitamin E and Carotene. An exceptionally potent oil that is rapidly absorbed by the skin.
Mandarin + Patchouli Hand & Body Lotion
WHY - A nourishing and protective lotion, rich in Almond oil and Shea nut butter. Fast absorbing to effectively hydrate and soften skin.
Lime + Lemongrass Body Wash
WHY - A mild cleansing wash, free of sulphates and parabens. Infused with a refreshing and uplifting pure essential oil blend.
And lastly, here are some tips for taking better care of dry skin:
- Take shorter showers and baths, no more than once daily.
- For face and body only use mild, gentle washes or facial cleansers and make sure they are definitely free of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, as this ingredient can be very drying and irritating to the skin.
- Apply a rich moisturiser or oil right after bathing.
- Opt for products containing Shea Butter and Omega rich oils such as Rosehip and Argan Oil. These are highly moisturising without running the risk of clogging your pores.
- Reapply as needed throughout the day.
- Use a humidifier and don't let indoor temperatures get too hot.
- Wear gloves when using cleaning agents, solvents, or household detergents.