We here at Saya Skincare made the major transition to becoming Certified Organic (by the ACO) in 2016, and have only felt better for it.
An organic lifestyle means cutting chemicals and cruelty out of your lifestyle. You’ll then consume products that are good for you, good for the people who make them and the natural environment.
Why should you replace your skincare, cosmetics and personal products with organic products, you ask?
1.Over a lifetime, we can ingest hundreds of kilos of these chemicals. Products we use on our skin are absorbed and deposited into the circulatory system. These put us at greater risk of diseases, allergies and other health problems. Essentially, your skin eats what is applied to it through absorption – you wouldn’t eat petrol, would you?
2. Many chemicals that are used in mass produced, toxic cosmetics & skincare are known irritants and carcinogens. Carcinogens are known to be cancer-causing agents.
3. When you use organic and natural products, your body is absorbing plant oils, waxes, and essential oils that are by far a healthier alternative to absorbing petroleum by products and synthetic chemicals.
4. Aluminium (the ingredient in antiperspirant that stops us from sweating) has been linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. It works by literally blocking your pores so the skin cannot release sweat.
5. The harsh chemicals in conventional products may be effective in improving appearance in the short term, though long-term and prolonged use of these toxic chemicals can promote irritation, allergic reaction and has been linked to acne and other skin concerns.
6. Most organic cosmetic brands won’t test their products on animals. Not only is it unethical to sentence 100 million thinking, feeling animals to life in a laboratory and intentionally cause them pain, it is bad science. The FDA reports that 92 out of every 100 drugs that pass animal tests fail in humans.
7. All organic products are free of genetic modification, artificial preservatives, dyes and fragrances, not tested on animals and grown using sustainable farming methods. While many who seek to live an organic lifestyle are aware of the food they eat, it’s important to realise that your skin is also major pathway for chemicals to enter your body. Using organic cosmetics means you work with natural ingredients proven to deliver great cosmetic results without the use of harsh chemicals or cruel animal testing.
So in a nutshell, organic skincare is gentler on your skin, better for the environment, animal welfare conscious, sourced from local or ethical conscious suppliers, contain no toxic or untested chemicals and are typically good enough to eat. I mean really, it’s a no-brainer.
While marketers can easily add words like ‘organic’ or ‘natural’ to their products, those terms alone do not guarantee that ALL the ingredients in the product are organic or natural. For this reason, it’s important to always look for a ‘certified organic’ logo or description before you buy. Businesses have to go through a strict assessment process before they can become certified organic.
‘Certified organic’ means the product you are consuming is made entirely using organic ingredients and processes, without genetic modification, animal cruelty or unsustainable farming practices - and we feel extremely privileged to bring you luxurious Australian made Skincare that meets all of these standards!