Glass Skin: What Is It & How Do I Get It?
Curious about the Korean beauty cult-fave “glass skin”? It all comes down to incorporating multiple hydrating & nourishing products in your day-to-day routine. We’re going to share our secrets with you on how to unlock and attain the popular Korean beauty trend, Glass Skin glass skin, using Saya products.
Firstly, what is Glass Skin?
Glass skin is when your skin is at its very healthiest. It’s a Korean Beauty trend which can be achieved from adding and layering a number of ultra-hydrating products to your skincare routine to create a smooth, poreless, glass-like finish on the skin.
While acne and pore-free skin is not a reality for everyone, we love how this trend encourages using nourishing ingredients and taking care of the skin barrier. This skincare routine will boost any makeup routine, and will revive those with dry, dehydrated skin.
Glowing guide to glass skin:
- Gently cleanse with our Calming Balm to refresh and prep the skin.
- Spritz with a mist to give the skin that little bit of extra hydration.
- While the skin is damp, apply the Super Serum (vitamin B) and then follow with the Glow Serum (vitamin C). This duo is known for its instant plumping and brightening abilities!
- Next, moisturise the skin with a lightweight cream like our Balance or Intense Moisture and then follow with an eye cream, patting a small amount underneath the eyes. No matter your age or skin type, an eye cream should always have a firm spot in your beauty routine.
- Lastly, a very important layer in your skincare routine, SPF. Sunscreen forms a protective film on top of the skin to shield it - restoring moisture balance and protecting the skin from premature ageing.
- Double Cleanse. Always start with an oil-based cleanser to dissolve oil-based impurities like makeup & SPF. Next use a gel cleanser - make sure it’s pH balanced, somewhat hydrating and contains soothing ingredients like chamomile or aloe vera.
- Treatments: Peel & Mask
To remove dead skin cell buildup swipe our Brightening Peel over cleansed, dry skin. Depending on your skin, incorporate this into your skincare routine 2-3 times a week. For an extensive treatment, leave overnight (this will be your last step) to work it’s magic.
To clear the pores, use our Refining Pink Clay Mask once a week. If you’re looking to achieve glass skin, decongesting and pore clearing is a perfect way to achieve that glassy, even complexion. Look for a mask that has hydrating and nourishing abilities.
- Lightly spritz or use an essence to balance, hydrate and prep the skin.
- Now it's time to feed the skin with nourishing, barrier-loving ingredients. First, press a few drops of the Super Serum into the skin. Next, we want to incorporate a pairing night cream like our Intense Night Repair that is formulated with either retinoids or a retinol alternative like Bakuchiol. For an extra boost of nourishment, apply the Renew Serum to lock in moisture.
- Finally, apply a small amount of Eye Cream to protect the delicate under eye area.
Different skin types will require different things. Take note of how your skin is responding and make adjustments as needed. Use products that target your specific skin concerns, try not to over-exfoliate and listen to your skin.
Struggling with breakouts but not sure how to take control of them? Read our blog “How to Prevent Pimples & Transform your skin!”
Not sure quick serum is right for you? Find your perfect match here.
Have a question? Let us know.